New in! A highly regarded law firm requires a Knowledge Systems Officer to join their expanding knowledge management team. The focus of the role is to provide support for the extranet platform, assisting with training for fee earners and other colleagues across the firm and troubleshooting any client queries. Along with the Senior KM Systems Officer, building extranet solutions for new and existing clients and providing assistance for business development activities and tenders in proposing extranet solutions and developing demo sites as required.
- Creating extranet file transfer sites, managing user access according to governance standards, and archiving sites to ensure storage levels are managed effectively.
- Providing support for the firm’s e-signature solution, including usage reporting, providing training, and troubleshooting.
- Managing tasks as part of the firm’s joiners, leavers, and transfers process, including maintenance of logins for various KM systems.
- Helping to develop and create surveys, advising on best practice and how to make full use of available functionality.
- Assisting in creating user guides and videos for the various KM systems.
- Writing, editing, and publishing news stories on the intranet.
- Working with the KM Systems Manager to regularly review, maintain and develop the intranet to meet user needs.
- Facilitate and work with intranet stakeholders and the KM Systems Manager to gather requirements, develop, test, and deliver innovative internal solutions.
- Advising intranet contributors and site owners on recommended content, layout, and development of intranet pages and sites.
- Undertaking any other tasks for the KM team and Professional Support Lawyers as and when required.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in managing content and/or creating solutions using either SharePoint intranets or client extranets is essential (additional training can be given for one or the other).
- A curious attitude and keen approach to learning new technologies are essential.
- Experience in working with e-signature solutions, survey tools, or other automated systems (such as workflow, document automation) is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English.
- A highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, ideally O365 including MS Teams.
- Experience in data migration and database maintenance is desirable.
- Have previous experience of working in a professional services environment