Stantonbury School wishes to appoint a first class Librarian to perform the routine and clerical duties necessary for the day to day operation of our Learning Resource Centre. Working with the English Faculty, the successful candidate will provide curriculum support to staff and students and raising the profile of the LRC and promoting use of the LRC by the school community.
The LRC Librarian performs the routine clerical and administrative duties necessary for the smooth running of the Learning Resource Centre. It is the objective of the LRC Librarian to actively support the English Faculty in promoting the use of the School Library by the school community.
- To observe all Academy policies, procedures and working practices
- To strive towards continuous improvement and to foster an enterprising culture
- To undertake any other duties which are reasonable within the scope and grade of the post
- To contribute towards the delivery of high-quality education for all students
- To ensure the day-to-day activities of the LRC; issue and return of books; checking the catalogue and shelves for reservations; enquiry searches; registration of readers; and general clerical duties
- To catalogue and classify the LRC resources using the library management system
- To encourage and support the use of the LRC as an essential part of the curriculum
- Organise and promote events hosted in the LRC, author visits, scholastic book fairs etc in the academic year.
- Promote the importance of reading to colleagues, students, and parents.
- To manage and promote the Accelerated Reader programme and monitor students’ performance
- To assist teachers in KS3 English Library lessons.
- To comply with any other reasonable requests from the Principal when there are exceptional circumstances
- To ensure the effective implementation of the school’s Equalities Policy and Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- To comply with any other reasonable requests from the Principal when there are exceptional circumstances.
- To undertake such duties as may from time to time be reasonably assigned by the Principal.
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday: 8.15 am – 4.15pm (with a 3.45pm finish on Fridays)
37 hours per week
41 weeks per year - 38 weeksTerm time plus 5 training days and 10 further days to suit business need
Tove Learning Trust Band G £22,777 - £24,948
Actual annual starting salary: £20,093.62 per annum
Application is by application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be found on the school website www.stantonbury-tove.org.uk
Candidates maybe interviewed prior to the deadline