LIBRARIAN (CATALOGUING, ENQUIRIES, ACQUISITIONS), JERWOOD LIBRARY OF THE PERFORMING ARTS
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £29,960 - £35,954 p.a. (Including LWA)
The award-winning Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts, which supports teaching, learning, performance and research within the Faculty of Music, seeks to appoint a full-time Librarian to join its team of specialist professional staff.
In this highly varied role you will be jointly responsible for:
- cataloguing printed music, books, AV and archival material;
- answering enquiries relating to all aspects of the collection and service;
- selecting and acquiring printed and AV materials for the library.
You will also be a member of the team delivering information literacy classes to students.
You should apply if you have:
- a degree (preferably in music);
- a postgraduate qualification in librarianship or you are working towards one, or you have extensive professional cataloguing experience;
- experience of working in a library;
- a strong understanding of music cataloguing using AACR2, MARC21 and LCSH;
- excellent knowledge of classical music and experience of practical music-making;
You should relish solving problems and enjoy working as part of a small team. Direct experience of enquiry work, acquisitions processes and teaching information skills is desirable and a reading knowledge of at least one western European language, in addition to English, would be advantageous.
As an equal opportunities employer we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you think this might be just the job for you, please register an account with our eRecruitment system (or login if you have an account) and complete an online application form accessed via the Apply button.
Closing Date: 23:59 hours BST, 28 January 2019 (No Agencies)
Interview Date: 15 February
For any queries about this positon that are not covered in the job pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contract Chloe Roper, People Services and Resourcing Officer on 0208 305 9476.
All of our taught programmes are validated by Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. Research degrees are validated by City, University of London.
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales Company No. 51090. Registered Charity No. 309998.