Librarian (Digital, information and skills)
Starting salary: £28,672 - £34,728 JG7 (with opportunity for career progression to JM1)
Location: Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing date: 12th March 2021
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated librarian to join the busy North Somerset libraries team based in the Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare.
Your responsibilities will include:
• developing a range of digital inclusion and digital skills initiatives, to be delivered through libraries.
• working with partners to oversee the delivery of employment and skills support in libraries
• administering the library computer systems, including RFID technology and the Netloan computer and print management system
• providing professional support and direction for the delivery of local studies services, working with communities and heritage and archives contacts to extend the reach of the service
• managing information service provision and associated budget
• line managing Supervisors of 2 groups of libraries and Project Co-ordinators supporting your work areas
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of the role that libraries play in supporting the digital, information and skills needs of people in all sections of society. You must have significant experience of working in libraries or related services where the delivery of excellent customer service is a priority and should have achieved, or be working towards, an approved relevant professional qualification.
You will need to be adaptable, work well under pressure and be able to solve problems with innovative solutions. You will have experience of managing others and be a good communicator with excellent ICT skills. You will need to manage, organise and prioritise your own work.
You will be expected to become a chartered member of CILIP (the professional organisation).
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees including:
• A Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Generous annual leave
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, and a range of benefits and discounts including staff discounts in gyms
• Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
• Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Sophia Richards 01275 884276.