Bromley House Library, an independent library established in 1816, is seeking a Librarian to assist the Library Director in the running of the library, with specific responsibility for the collections and the systems surrounding them.
Salary: £22,898 pro rata
Hours: 21 hours per week (3 days), plus some overtime including regular Saturday shifts.
Key Responsibilities include -
- Collection development work, including setting policies and guidelines, oversight of stock management, acquisitions and withdrawals, and management of donations in accordance with the library’s collection development policy.
- Cataloguing of new books and oversight of volunteer cataloguers.
- General tasks relating to Heritage Cirqa (the library’s cataloguing and library management system) including reviewing in house documentation and procedures, staff and volunteer training, system maintenance and quality control, and report writing
- Development and expansion of Heritage Cirqa including the introduction of new modules e.g.; acquisitions and circulation, cataloguing our own archives and promotion of the system to users.
- Drive improvements to the user/member experience, both physically and virtually, e.g.; improvements to the OPAC, stock relocations, improving signage etc
The right candidate will have a relevant qualification or an equivalent standard of knowledge gained through experience, good communication skills, the ability to manage competing priorities and a love for books.
Closing date for applications – 5pm, Friday 26th July. Please note that interviews are likely to be held w/c 5th August.
For more information, and to apply, click the 'Apply for this job now' button to be redirected to our website.