We are currently recruiting for a Library and Information Services Manager to join us at an exciting time for the organisation as we undertake several key initiatives around Information Management.
If you join us as Library and Information Services Manager, which is based in our London (Bloomsbury) office, you will manage, deliver and maintain an effective, efficient, economical and comprehensive library and information service for all Cafcass staff and partners.
This will include:
- Contributing to and influencing the information agenda across the family justice system and the information profession by relationship-building and negotiating with key internal and external stakeholders
- Managing and undertaking highly specialist literature searches and resource lists in response to internal and external enquiries, utilising a range of peer-reviewed resources and databases.
- Acting as a consultant and information management subject expert on cross-departmental projects for corporate colleagues.
- Negotiating, developing and managing partnerships with external stakeholders, organisations and suppliers
- Contributing usage data to key Cafcass reports as well as marketing and promoting the service internally and externally to demonstrate value in informing internal and external research and knowledge.
- Operational management of the service, including line management of the Library and Information Service Team and budget management.
Hopefully we’ve captured your attention and you’re eager to find out more what we’re looking for in the successful candidate. We are looking for someone who has;
- A relevant degree or post-graduate information and library studies qualification or equivalent. Further qualifications e.g. CILIP Chartership / Fellowship desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in information services, ideally working with social sciences information sources and advising on information retrieval for staff.
- Experience of utilising information skills to consult on cross-departmental projects.
- Experience of managing library management system databases and software. Knowledge of external databases such as Social Care Online, Ovid, Medline and PsycInfo.
- Ability to sift out the essential elements from complex information and integrate ideas and information to inform and influence best practice across the organisation and more widely
- Effective written and oral communication skills with ability to relate to a wide variety of different audiences and to influence internal and external stakeholders.
The above is just a flavour of what you will do and what we are looking for and we encourage all candidates to review the Library and Information Services Manager job description which is one of the ‘Documents Available’ to you when you click through to our recruitment system, prior to applying. This will help you ensure that your CV and/or supporting statement fully reflect your suitability for the role.
You will also be able to access a document which provides an overview of the range of benefits you can access should you join us.
If you would like to informally discuss this role, please email Sophie Vessey, Senior Policy and Communications Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your contact details indicating the best times to contact you. However, please note we cannot accept any applications via email, only through our online system.
Finally, we would like to advise you of the timelines we are working towards:
Monday 9th September
Telephone interviews (if required):
Between 12th and 17th September
Wednesday 25th September (London)
These dates are subject to change but we will endeavour to update you if this occurs.