A specialist provider of legal education requires several Library Learning Advisors for various locations around the UK (London, Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, and Manchester). These roles will be a mix of part-time and full time depending on the location. The key focus of the role will be to enable the development of strong information and digital literacy skills through the provision of specialist training and support, thereby facilitating successful learning and research outcomes.
Main responsibilities include:
- Acting as the specialist point of contact for digital and information skills within the library.
- Working collaboratively with other relevant services such as Disability Support and IT to ensure that all students are supported effectively and appropriately.
- Designing, promoting, and delivering effective training, including workshops, webinars, and one-to-one sessions, to enable students and staff to develop their information and digital literacy skills.
- Providing support and problem resolution at point of need through staffing the library enquiry desk and regular timetabled floor walking.
- Promoting assistive technology solutions.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Degree Level Qualification/Postgraduate qualification in Librarianship or Information Science.
- Working towards relevant qualification in Librarianship or teaching.
- Demonstrable customer care experience.
- Ability to explain and promote resources.
- Confident level of Digital literacy, including use of Microsoft Office, library systems, Discovery tools, and databases.
- Previous library experience, preferably in an academic or legal library or information service.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions while concentrating on diverse tasks.
- Flexibility in working hours required to meet the demands of the role and of the service.
- Self-confident and able to deal with challenging situations.