Library Service Manager – Delivery North Yorkshire County Council
Based in Northallerton with travel across North Yorkshire – flexibility to work from home and other bases
Grade N (£42,683 - £46,503)
Full time - 37 hours per week
North Yorkshire County Council are looking for a strategic and forward thinking Library Service Manager – Delivery to join our senior management team.
As a Library Service Manager – Delivery you will have the opportunity to make a difference in North Yorkshire by improving our customer’s experience, enhancing the existing support for our volunteers as well as leading on the effective and efficient deployment of front line resources including stock and IT and overseeing on-going liaison with community management groups providing the link to expertise within the authority.
We deliver library services in partnership with communities and volunteers through 42 locations, offering consistent frontline services across the county. The volunteers at our community libraries are fully supported by our professional outreach team and front-line staff. This is an exciting time to be joining us as we are pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our communities with refurbishments, the introduction of new public access IT and self-serve kiosks alongside a wide-ranging programme of events.
To be successful you must:
- Have experience of direct delivery of library services to the public
- Understand the role the community, agencies and partners play in service delivery.
- Understand current issues affecting library and other cultural services within a local government context.
- Have a proven track record of managing and leading people
- Have proven and effective experience of the management of direct delivery of services in a changing organisational environment
- Able to work under tight deadlines, working productively in a pressurised environment and supporting others to do so.
- Have exceptional customer and communication skills
- Be able to deliver projects using appropriate project planning techniques.
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to service delivery.
Working for NYCC
We offer an exceptional benefits package, generous leave entitlement as well as bank holidays. Flexible working opportunities. Everyone benefits offering salary sacrifice on technology, professional qualifications and our green car scheme.
New to North Yorkshire?
North Yorkshire really is a stunning, vibrant county with safe communities and excellent education. The county benefits from excellent road and rail links, being half way between Edinburgh and London, with easy access via the East Coast mainline, the A1 (M) and A19. Leeds, York, Newcastle, Durham and Teesside are all easily commutable, and London just 2 hours by train. North Yorkshire borders the Lake District, Lancashire, County Durham, and Yorkshire and Humber regions with all they have to offer.
If you have the ability to think on your feet, work with a wide range of colleagues to lead and drive positive change within North Yorkshire Libraries this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
For an informal conversation regarding the role we encourage you to contact Chrys Mellor, General Manager- Libraries on 01609 533836
To apply, please click the apply button.