We believe in the power of libraries. We believe in their power to transform and improve our communities. We believe that access to information is a right not a privilege, and that access to information is crucial to the health of individuals and communities everywhere. We believe in the opportunities libraries give individuals to learn, grow, and improve themselves. We believe libraries should be more than relevant, they should be universally seen as indispensable to their communities. We believe in the crucial role libraries play as a communal space for individuals to gather, connect, exchange ideas, and create.
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of software implementation projects. The Project Manager must be a focused individual who can develop and manage project plans, maintain strong relationships both inside and outside the company, and ensure that all assigned projects and tasks are completed on time and in scope.
SirsiDynix contracts with the federal government and must enforce a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for our US employees. If you make it to our final selection stage, we will request your proof of vaccination or your qualifications for a medical or religious exemption.
- Coordinate delivery of all assigned implementation projects
- Identify key tasks to be accomplished by both the customer and the company
- Work with the SirsiDynix global operations staff to develop, communicate, and manage implementation plans and schedules with customers
- Interact with all departments within the company to schedule the tasks to be done by the company
- Organize and facilitate the participation of the company’s technical experts during the implementation process
- Work with the customers to identify their needs for system and software configuration, workflow changes, and trainings
- Manage complex projects with new products and software releases
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and other departments within the company until projects are completed
- Work to achieve good to excellent customer satisfaction ratings
- Successfully manage and utilize our CRM system (Salesforce.com) to track and fulfill projects
Knowledge and Skills
- 1 to 3 years of Project Management experience in a technical/software environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Conversational fluency in French for written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, organize, and work effectively across multiple teams
- Ability to effectively communicate across the organization and externally in a professional manner
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office suite
- There is a possibility for future travel to our onsite customers located in the United Kingdom region
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools are preferred
- Knowledge of SirsiDynix or other library management systems and internal processes is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Library Science, Information Technology, Business Management, or a related field, or an equivalent level of experience
We do have an office location in Watford or this position can be remotely based in the United Kingdom region. There is a possibility for a slightly shifted working schedule ideally between the hours of 10:00AM and 6:00PM BST to allow some cross over with our US employees.
At SirsiDynix, we make software for libraries. Libraries buy books from vendors, keep track of the books in their systems, and distribute the books to library users. The software we build helps them do that (and a lot more). We make products that:
- Give libraries the power of cloud computing
- Make it easy for library users to check out ebooks
- Let libraries use new technology like tablets and smartphones
- Make searching the library as easy as searching Google or Amazon
- Give libraries innovative ways to increase budgets by offering new services
We help more than 23,000 libraries answer the questions posed by new technology and changes in society. Are you ready to join us?
SirsiDynix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.