Role Purpose: To provide consistent and well-informed training and advice to CILIP members who are working towards Professional Registration (PR). This is a voluntary postion.
Key Responsibilities: The CILIP Professional Registration Support Officer (PRSO) is responsible for:
- Providing consistent and well-informed training and advice to those working towards PR.
- Training and supporting new PRSOs.
- Working with the CILIP Sector Development Team and Professional Registration Panel (PRP) to maintain the currency and relevance of learning materials to support PR.
- Delivering portfolio building sessions in their region for candidates (or providing training and support for other facilitators).
- Working as part of a national PRSO network, delivering online drop-in surgeries for PR for any candidate seeking guidance from a PRSO, irrespective of region.
- Attending meetings of North East Regional Member Network.
- As a member of your CILIP Regional Members Network the PRSO will be expected to attend relevant meetings and provide written activity reports to the Chair. Travel expenses are met.
- For regional portfolio building sessions and national online surgeries, the PRSO will be expected to deliver (or support) at least two sessions of each per year, depending on demand. The facilitator should expect to allow half a day for preparation and one day for the training, plus travel time per session if in person.
- Ad hoc support for candidates by email and telephone is difficult to quantify but usually does not exceed an hour per week.
- A PRSO will be appointed for two years. At the end of the period a PRSO can, subject to having met the required standards during their period of office, renew or resign their post.
- PRSOs are expected to meet once a year with their fellow PRSOs to agree and share training materials, preferably tied into a PRP meeting.
Knowledge, Experience and Attributes
- Member of CILIP who has achieved ACLIP, MCLIP or FCLIP
- Evidence of recent work (last 3 years) in a library, KM or related area
- Evidence of recent continuing professional development (CPD)
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Evidence of excellent networking skills
- Evidence of delivering training to others
- Evidence of planning and delivering events
How to Apply: Applications to become a PRSO should be sent to Leanne Young (CILIP NE Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org Please include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal statement demonstrating your knowledge, experience and attributes for the role
Closing date for applications is noon on 15th October 2021.
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.