Research Analyst, Law firm
Fantastic opportunity! A US law firm requires a Research Analyst to provide in-depth legal and non-legal research using online and print resources to users firm wide. In this role, you will also provide tailored and curated current awareness bulletins and monitor effectiveness of the distribution and value to end users
- Conduct high-level, customizable US and UK research and analytics in legal, business, and other subjects.
- Provide tailored and curated current awareness bulletins and monitor effectiveness of the distribution and value to end users.
- Prepare resource review report as assigned: coordinate user surveys, analyze usage, compare resource with other firm resources and competing products.
- Provide training on research strategies and resources as requested.
- Serve as practice, subject, and/or industry research expert in areas aligned with the firm’s practice and business.
- Participate in collection management and development.
- Work with the Technical Services team and Procurement to maintain and manage external vendor contracts and trials.
- Participate in professional associations and attend meetings and conferences to remain current on sources of information, trends in information delivery, and best practices.
- Contributes to the firm’s Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally.
- Working with other members of the global Library and Research team to deliver agreed projects and strategies.
- Work on special projects or any other duties assigned to fully meet the requirements of this position.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- An information related qualification.
- Highly proficient in US and UK legal and business research including knowledge of transactional and legal resources.
- Previous and current library and research experience within a commercial law firm.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team leader and team player.
- Interest in and knowledge of professional issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and remain calm when working under pressure.
- Self motivation/ability to work on own initiative