Further investment! An award winning law firm is seeking a Research & Knowledge Analyst to join their Research & Knowledge Services team. This new role will join experts in bespoke research into legal and business issues, as well as knowledge management solutions to the firm and its clients. If you are looking for an environment where you will be developed, valued, and able to fulfill your potential then this firm is for you! Locations: Manchester or Leeds
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of one or more of the Firm's priority market sectors and legal divisions.
- Apply this understanding to knowledge of the Firm's business to highlight potential market opportunities.
- Provide both reactive and proactive research and analysis through effective scoping of research enquiries.
- Design tailored current awareness to the Firm and its clients using appropriate sources and technology.
- Support the information and knowledge requirements of Divisional and sector teams.
- Provide training/advisory role in the provision of research skills training to Trainee Solicitors and new joiners.
- Build effective relationships at all levels within the Firm.
- Build effective external relationships as potential sources of information and insight.
- Clearly articulate and promote the value of Research & Knowledge Services to the Firm and its clients.
- Tailor communications style to the needs of the audience.
- Credible as a source of knowledge and insight and regarded as an expert advisor to colleagues and teams.
- Provide an excellent 'front-line' research service as required. Managing and responding to research requests received centrally by the team.
- Manage own and Team workload, delegating and/or making effective use of resources.
- Challenge existing ways of working to ensure that the role and team are always delivering a quality service.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Committed to the professional development of self and team.
- Good current knowledge of online legal & business research databases.
- Good communications and influencing skills.
- Customer service focused.
- Research and analysis skills.
- Commercially minded.
- Proven team player with good organisational skills.
- Analytical and methodical with attention to detail.
- IT literate good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience of knowledge management tools such as SharePoint or HighQ preferred.
- Able to work on own initiative to tight deadlines and co-ordinate competing activities.
- Confidence to delegate and negotiate work deadlines.
- Dynamic, and possessing a positive attitude to change.