Research Librarian / Information Officer - London
A highly regarded and extremely successful international law firm has a new requirement for a Research Librarian. This role is responsible for the provision of legal and business research services and the provision of information services support to fee-earners, paralegals and staff in the firm. Although this is a research-centric role, the position will also draw on stakeholder engagement, training and wider library skills.
The primary responsibilities in this Research Librarian / Information Officer role include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking UK and international legal and business research and directing users to appropriate resources
- Analysing research results for relevancy and appropriateness to specific research requests.
- Compile and organise information obtained in research projects into coherent and focused collections, accompanied by explanatory notes.
- Monitoring legal, business and news sources for current developments related to the firms practice areas.
- Assisting with library operational and management functions.
- Promoting awareness of the Library function and conducting end-user training to upskill users on internal and external research resources
- Working in partnership with Litigation Services, Knowledge Management and Strategic Research.
To be a suitable candidate for this role, you will need a strong mix of the following:
- Well developed research skills, ideally covering both legal and business related research requests
- A strong knowledge of the relevant resources used by law firms to conduct research on behalf of fee-earners
- Experience in a similar research, library or information role in the legal or professional services arena
- An ability to organise and manage collections of information and library resources
- An eye for detail and in particular, the ability to analyse research results for relevancy
- Strong communication, engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Some experience training users on research resources