Our client is a prestigious global law firm seeking a Research Specialist to join their London team. The Research Specialist position provides non-legal research services for the firm’s fee earners.
- Works as part of the global Research Services team to perform non-legal research in a wide range of subject areas including corporate and financial transactions, intellectual property, and litigation in support of the firm's fee earners
- Performs complex research assignments requiring the utilization of specialized databases, legal and business information sources, web-based sites and print resources.
- Uses critical thinking to analyze each request and identify the best research resources for efficient and cost-effective resolution.
- Presents research results in a clear and logical manner, including analysis of the results and suggestions for further research.
- Maintains expertise using tools such as Westlaw, Lexis Library and PracticalLaw, as well as specialized tools such as Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, Filings Expert, Newsdesk, ETC
- Requires ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Participates in the regular review and evaluation of new and existing electronic information resources with the goal of improved service and research efficiencies.