Sales and Marketing Assistant
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
Part time applicants considered.
This role provides administrative support to the Senior Sales and Marketing Executive. You will provide support for sales and marketing campaigns from the start, be responsible for our textbook inspection and book review service, help with conferences and provide comprehensive author support. This role is an integral part of a small publishing team so you’ll also have the opportunity to work closely with other departments like editorial and production.
- Supporting the Sales and Marketing Team with general administrative tasks including monitoring the general inbox, responding to customer queries, compiling and sending sales reports, and researching new avenues for marketing.
- Managing the process of ensuring complete and up-to-date metadata for all titles through our publishing management system
- Author support, including producing promotion toolkits for publication, answering queries, and coordinating events and publicity opportunities.
- Supporting our international representatives and agents, and in time owning these relationships
- Assist with execution of press and marketing campaigns by writing and sending press releases, review research and outreach, and coordinating review and inspection copies of our frontlist
- Supporting the creation and scheduling of social media and email newsletter marketing
Skills and Experience for this Role
- Confident and creative communicator verbally and in writing
- Highly organised to manage a diverse workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of marketing tools and trends in social media
- A knowledge or interest in publishing, librarianship, or marketing and sales would be an advantage
How to Apply
Company and Staff Benefits
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above. The closing date for applications is 27th May 2022.
Facet Publishing is the global publisher of books for library, information and heritage professionals, and is the publishing arm of CILIP: the Chartered Institute for Library and Information Professionals. We publish a range of titles for practitioners, researchers and students authored by some of the leading minds in the field with a commitment to publishing quality content that advances our disciplines.