Purpose of role: To act as one of the officers for CILIP East Salary: Voluntary, but travel expenses to attend committee meetings will be reimbursed
1. To be the contact for CILIP East, receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate.
2. To liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members and in drawing up agendas for committee meetings.
3. To send out agendas at the appropriate time before each committee and general meeting.
4. To attend and take minutes of committee and general meetings of CILIP East and circulate these minutes within a reasonable timescale of the meetings taking place.
5. In conjunction with other committee members organise the AGM. Prepare the agenda and paperwork for the AGM, record the minutes at the AGM and prepare them for presentation at the next AGM.
6. To work with other officers and committee members to produce the annual business plan (due February each year).
7. To keep abreast and advise the committee on issues relating to regulations and guidance governing Member Networks.
8. To be keep abreast and advise the committee on issues of governance and elections relating to CILIP East.
9. To undertake administrative tasks (such as up-to-date email addresses for committee members) and maintain effective records for CILIP East. Tools used for this include the CILIP Virtual Learning Environment and Your Membership platform.
10. To liaise with the CILIP Development Officers (Member Networks) and inform of any changes to officer and committee roles.
11. To promote the membership and benefits of CILIP and CILIP East within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-2 hours per week however around committee meetings, AGMs and other events this may increase.
As a committee member you are expected to attend 3 committee meetings a year (one of which is expected to be virtual) and the Annual General Meeting. Reasonable travel expenses can be claimed back.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Teresa Morris-Spicer email: Teresa.email@example.com