We are looking for a new member of our committee to become our Secretary. You will have an interest in diversity, inclusion, equality, and social justice matters. The role will be the contact for CDEG receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate. You will also facilitate committee meeting by producing Agenda and minutes.
Please inquire with questions and further details via email email@example.com and Treasurer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Community, Diversity and Equality Group Secretary role description
Purpose of role: To act as one of the officers for Community Diversity and Equality Group
- To be the contact for CDEG receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members and in drawing up agendas for committee meetings.
- To send out agendas at the appropriate time before each committee and general meeting.
- To attend and take minutes of committee and general meetings of CDEG and circulate these minutes within a reasonable timescale of the meetings taking place.
- In conjunction with other committee members organise the AGM. Prepare the agenda and paperwork for the AGM, record the minutes at the AGM and to prepare them for presentation at the next AGM.
- To work with other officers and committee members to produce the yearly business plan and annual report.
- To actively promote the Social Justice, Diversity and Equality Agenda, within CILIP and to the wider profession.
- To keep the Diversity Networks informed of our actions.
- To keep abreast and advise the committee on issues relating to regulations and guidance governing Member Networks.
- To be keep abreast and advise the committee on issues of governance and elections relating to CDEG.
- To undertake administrative tasks (such as up-to-date email addresses for committee members) and maintain effective records for CDEG.
- To liaise with the CILIP Development Officer (Member Networks) and inform of any changes to officer and committee roles.
- To promote the membership and benefits of CDEG and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-3 hours per week and during conference and other events may increase.