CLSIG requires a Secretary for an immediate start.
A vacancy has arisen as a result of changes in roles within the committee and we are keen to recruit an enthusiastic, new member to help the committee run smoothly. If you would like to perfect your organisational skills then this could be the role for you!
Purpose: To act as one of the officers for the Commercial, Legal & Scientific Information Group for CILIP
● Being a contact for CLSIG, receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate.
● Liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members, in drawing up agendas for committee meetings and in arranging the date and venue for committee meetings.
● Send out agendas at the appropriate time before each committee and general meetings.
● Attend and take minutes of committee and general meetings of CLSIG and circulate these minutes to the committee within a reasonable timescale.
● In conjunction with other committee members organise the AGM. Prepare the agenda and paperwork for the AGM, record the minutes at the AGM and to prepare them for presentation at the next AGM.
● To keep updated and advise the committee of relevant issues.
● Maintain current records relating to the CLSIG committee and its members.
● Assist with arrangements involving the Briggs-Washington Bursary when needed.
● Assist with events organising, where needed and/or appropriate; may include attending the event as a CLSIG rep, limited publicising e.g. emailing to forum lists & contacting speakers.
● To promote the membership and benefits of CLSIG and CILIP within the library and information profession.
● CLSIG member
● Computer literate
● Able to maintain organised and up-to-date emails and records.
To find out more or apply, please contact the Chair, Alex Pooley at email@example.com