- To be the contact for HLG, receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members and in drawing up agendas for committee meetings.
- To send out agendas at the appropriate time before each committee and general meeting.
- To attend and take minutes of committee and general meetings of HLG and circulate these minutes within a reasonable timescale of the meetings taking place.
- In conjunction with other committee members organise the AGM. Prepare the agenda and paperwork for the AGM, record the minutes at the AGM and prepare them for presentation at the next AGM.
- To work with other officers and committee members to produce the yearly annual report.
- To keep abreast and advise the committee on issues relating to regulations and guidance governing Member Networks.
- To be keep abreast and advise the committee on issues of governance and elections relating to HLG.
- To undertake administrative tasks (such as up-to-date email addresses for committee members) and maintain effective records for HLG.
- To liaise with the CILIP Development Officer (Member Networks) and inform of any changes to officer and committee roles.
- As one of the officers, to participate in overall management of HLG.
- To promote the membership and benefits of HLG and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-2 hours per week with peaks around the quarterly committee meetings.
As Secretary, you will be expected to:
- Organise and attend 4 committee meetings per year. These are usually based in London, but locations may vary.
- Attend the bi-annual HLG conference.