- To be the contact for the LGBTQ+ Network Committee, receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate. This includes managing the Secretary.LGBTQ CILIP email account, and the CILIP.LGBTQNetwork email account on a regular basis.
- To liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members for meeting agendas and in taking minutes at committee meetings.
- To work with other officers and committee members to produce the yearly business plan and annual report.
- To undertake administrative tasks (such as up-to-date email addresses for committee members) and maintain effective records for the LGBTQ+ Network.
- To liaise with the CILIP Development Officer (Member Networks) and inform of any changes to officer and committee roles.
- To promote the membership and benefits of the Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, disabled and LGBTQ+ candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
Free memberships for library and information workers from BAME backgrounds
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, the CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% ethnic minority representation on all of CILIP’s boards and committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library, knowledge and information workers from ethnic minority backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022. This offer is open to CILIP members and non-members.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-3 hours per month and during events is likely to increase.
To apply, please send in the application form to email@example.com with the subject “Committee Role Application”.
OPTIONAL: If you choose to apply for this role, please consider filling out CILIP’s Diversity monitoring form at https://www.cilip.org.uk/page/committeeapplication. Completion is entirely optional. An option of ‘prefer not to say’ is included for every question. The form will be reviewed by Yvonne Morris, CILIP’s EDI Programmes Manager only. Anonymised data will be captured and the form deleted within a month of the vacancy being filled.
For an informal chat about the role, please send an email to Toni at firstname.lastname@example.org.