Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Member Network
Secretary role description
Purpose of role: To act as one of the officers for CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network
1. To be the contact for CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network, receiving requests and correspondence and dealing with these or passing them on as appropriate.
2. To liaise with the Chair in passing on information items to committee members and in drawing up agendas for committee meetings.
3. To send out agendas at the appropriate time before each committee and general meeting.
4. To attend and take minutes of committee and general meetings of CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network and circulate these minutes within a reasonable timescale of the meetings taking place.
5. In conjunction with other committee members organise the AGM. Prepare the agenda and paperwork for the AGM, record the minutes at the AGM and to prepare them for presentation at the next AGM.
6. To work with other officers and committee members to produce the yearly business plan and annual report.
7. To keep abreast of and advise the committee on issues relating to regulations and guidance governing Member Networks.
8. To keep abreast of and advise the committee on issues of governance and elections relating to CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network.
9. To undertake administrative tasks (such as up-to-date email addresses for committee members) and maintain effective records for CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network.
10. To liaise with the CILIP Development Officer (Member Networks) and inform of any changes to officer and committee roles.
11. To promote the membership and benefits of CILIP Yorkshire and Humberside Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
For more information or to apply, email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com