Senior Information Advisor - Law
One of largest and most successful global law firms has a new requirement in their team for an Information Advisor. This is an opportunity for an experienced information professional to join a large and highly professional Information Services function and provide a mix of library management, research services, current awareness and procurement services. The role is a senior member in the team and as such, the successful candidate will also be helping less experienced team members to develop their skills in this arena.
The primary responsibilities and objectives of the Senior Information Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a legal and business information enquiry service.
- Procurement including the acquisition, distribution and renewal of Information resources.
- Training fee earners and other stakeholders in the use of information tools and resources.
- Champion the most efficient way to use information sources and tools.
- Developing subject matter expertise and related information needs for allocated practice group.
- Engaging with the wider functions of the firm to promote and engage with Information and Research
- Provide high-quality, cost-effective information services to support legal and business research needs in home office or practice group, and across the firm.
- Contribute to, and participate in, global networks, in order to share best practice and implement agreed policies and practices for information management.
To be a suitable candidate for this Senior Information Advisor role, the following experience and skills are required:
- Experience of providing a variety of information and research services in a large organisation, preferably legal or professional services
- Experience with procurement and managing budgets for information resources and subscriptions
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Information-related qualification / CILIP or relevant experience
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities
- A collaborative approach to the working environment and a willingness to mentor and assist less experienced members of the team