Senior Library Assistant (Reader Services)
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed individual, with experience of working in a Library or other Customer Service environment, to fill this vacancy within the University of Bath Library’s Reader Services team.
About the role
You will be working with other Senior Library Assistants, under the direction of the Reader Services Librarian, across all aspects of the Reader Services team’s work.
This includes first line in-person and online enquiry management; administration of users’ registration with the Library and Library card production; support for circulation and management of library resources; and support for a range of related Library services.
This role is offered on a full time permanent basis (36.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday). The University currently offers a hybrid working model for professional services staff, and Senior Library Assistants in our Reader Services team presently work at least 4 days out of 5 in the Library.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Be proficient in the use of IT systems as all Reader Services and Library procedures require the use of the Library Management System, databases and other software applications.
The role is physically demanding as you will be expected to retrieve books from low baskets for processing, and to manoeuvre heavy trolleys in and around working areas.
You will join a dedicated, professional team of Library staff committed to the continual development of services to support the University’s strategy: to deliver world-class research and teaching, extend the University’s international influence, and enrich the student experience.
We understand the importance of continued professional development for all Library staff and you will benefit from our programme of local opportunities, and our support for your involvement in appropriate external activities.
For informal enquiries, please contact Chris Roberts, Reader Services Librarian via email to email@example.com or Hannah South, Head of Library Academic Services, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we can offer you:
- a very generous employer contributory pension scheme
- generous annual leave allowance with an additional 5 discretionary days so that you can enjoy a positive work life balance
- we are a family-friendly University and with an increasingly agile workforce, are open to flexible working arrangements
- an excellent reward package that recognises the talents of our diverse workforce
- a wide range of personal and professional development opportunities
- a number of support options available for new and existing staff to help with the cost of some immigration expenses which you may be eligible for: Relocation allowance, Visa Reimbursement, Interest-Free Loan.
We aim to be an inclusive university, where difference is celebrated, respected and encouraged. We have an excellent international reputation with staff from over 60 different nations and have made a positive commitment towards gender equality and intersectionality receiving a Silver Athena SWAN award. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and students, so we encourage applications from all genders, backgrounds, and communities, particularly from under-represented groups such as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and disabled people, and value the positive impact that will have on our teams.
We are very proud to be an autism friendly university and are an accredited Disability Confident Leader; committed to building disability confidence and supporting disabled staff.
Find out from our staff what makes the University of Bath a great place to work. Follow us @UniofBath and @UniofBathJobs on Twitter for more information.
Email details to a friend
Closing date: Sunday 05 February 2023
Interview date: Thursday 23 February 2023