Excellent prospects for progression! An international law firm requires a Senior Training & Research Librarian to be responsible for designing and delivering a comprehensive legal research training programme for fee-earners. You will also be expected to pro-actively continuously improve how training is provided within the firm. The role will also entail hands on legal and business research and establishing yourself as a practice group liaison.
- Designing and delivering a comprehensive legal research training programme.
- Measuring engagement and learning, and adapting training where needed to ensure users are equipped to conduct legal research at a high level.
- Looking at new ways of delivering training, taking into account new technologies and methods.
- Provision of a quality legal and business research service. Providing accurate and effective responses often to tight deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of library resources, including keeping abreast of new features and developments and proactively highlighting these to relevant fee-earning groups and colleagues.
- Promotion of library services (research, training, current awareness) for nominated practices.
- Establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to practices.
- Based in a practice group for 1 day a week on a rotation basis.
- Responsible for liaising with offices without a librarian to proactively identify information resources and spot opportunities to align subscriptions globally.
- Promote global resources throughout the firm both practice specific and general, engaging with relevant stakeholders to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Provision of current awareness service and advising users on how to set up own searches based on thorough understanding of various news sources, both free and subscription.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of designing and delivering research programmes.
- Keen interest in and experience of implementing process improvements and new technologies.
- An Information qualification.
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
- Confident and dynamic with the ability to effectively promote services and drive engagement with research function throughout the firm.
- Ability to develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.