Salary: £26,715 to £32,817 Pro-rata
Closing Date: Wednesday 03 June 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 17 June 2020
Part time (25hpw), permanent, all year round.
Bishop Grosseteste University is based in the historic uphill area of the city, just a ten minutes’ walk away from the castle and cathedral and a range of other cultural and historical attractions. BGU has been awarded a Gold Teaching Excellence Framework Award for its teaching and learning and the unique and positive experience we offer our students is well recognised and evidenced through such key achievements. This is an exciting time of expansion and growth for the institution and BGU will be able to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and contribute to our ongoing success.
Bishop Grosseteste University is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed professionally-qualified librarian to join our small, friendly team (exact working pattern to be negotiated with the successful applicant).
The responsibilities of the successful applicant will include managing our significant collection of teacher-training & children’s resources, acting as subject librarian for associated programmes, coordinating the library’s support of students with specific learning difficulties, answering enquiries, providing 1-to-1 (and occasional group) training, compiling book orders and cataloguing & classifying stock.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
- 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
- Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
- Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
- We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
For an informal chat about the role contact Emma Sansby at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 3 June 2020
Interviews will be held online on Wednesday 17 June 2020. Due to the current global epidemiological situation and the emergency measures introduced, the interview may take place via Microsoft Teams.
The recruitment process for this role will include an online psychometric test. Candidates will also be expected to prepare a 10-minute presentation for the interview, the purpose of which is to assess subject knowledge and communication & ICT skills. Candidates are expected to present on the following topic ‘The importance of books in the primary classroom’.