The K&IM Committee is searching for a new Treasurer. This is an Officer role for the Committee. Our current Treasurer will remain in position through 2019 but we would welcome someone new joining us now so that you have the chance to shadow them and transition smoothly into the role. We are a friendly and vibrant committee with a lot happening. This is a great chance to join the K&IM committee and be fully briefed in the role before taking the reins. A full job description is provided below:
Purpose of role: Officer responsible for all financial matters for CILIP’s Knowledge & Information Management SIG (K&IM). The role holder must be a member of CILIP.
1. To administrate K&IM’s finances including payment of expenses, processing invoices, monitoring cash flow, maintaining the cashbook, record keeping, preparation of VAT returns and co-ordinating income.
2. To liaise with Unity Trust Bank concerning K&IM’s account.
3. To attend committee meetings to present an accurate picture of K&IM’s financial situation and to authorise expenditure.
4. To advise the Chair and committee of K&IM on all financial issues and the financial implications of decisions and potential courses of action.
5. To undertake financial planning for K&IM with the Chair and other committee members.
6. To liaise with CILIP’s Finance Team to ensure prompt receipt of capitation, submission of VAT returns and annual accounts and any other information required by CILIP.
7. To ensure K&IM complies with terms outlined in CILIP’s Treasurer’s Guidelines document, CILIP Expenses Policy and any other applicable governance documentation.
8. To prepare annual accounts for the independent audit and to prepare and present the annual financial report for the Annual General Meeting.
9. As one of the officers, to participate in overall management of K&IM.
10.To promote the membership and benefits of K&IM and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 3-4 hours per week and during certain times of the year may increase.