The Knowledge and Information Management (K&IM) Committee needs a new Treasurer. This is an Officer role for the Committee and you must be a member of CILIP.
CILIP’s mission is to put library and information skills and professional values at the heart of an equal, democratic and prosperous society, and in keeping with this, the K&IM Committee recognises that our team is made stronger by a diversity of colleagues with different backgrounds, cultures and perspectives. Most meetings and Committee work can be carried out virtually.
You will join a friendly and vibrant group at a time when there is a lot going on. We will ensure you are fully supported and given the guidance needed to take on the role. A job description is provided below:
Purpose of role: Officer responsible for all financial matters for CILIP's Knowledge & Information Management SIG (K&IM).
1. To administer K&IM's finances including payment of expenses, processing invoices, monitoring cash flow, maintaining the cashbook, record keeping, preparation of VAT returns and co-ordinating income.
2. To liaise with Unity Trust Bank and CCLA Bank concerning K&IM's accounts.
3. To attend committee meetings to present an accurate picture of K&IM's financial situation and to authorise expenditure (virtual attendance is always possible),
4. To advise the Chair and committee of K&IM on all financial issues and the financial implications of decisions and potential courses of action.
5. To undertake financial planning for K&IM with the Chair and other committee members.
6. To liaise with CILIP's Finance Team to ensure prompt receipt of capitation, submission of VAT returns and annual accounts and any other information required by CILIP.
7. To ensure K&IM complies with terms outlined in CILIP's Treasurer's Guidelines document, CILIP Expenses Policy and any other applicable governance documentation.
8. To prepare annual accounts for the independent audit and to prepare and present the annual financial report for the Annual General Meeting.
9. As one of the officers, to participate in overall management of K&IM.
10.To promote the membership and benefits of K&IM and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may increase at different times of the year. Virtual meetings of about an hour are held monthly. With additional work the time allocated may add up to about 3 hours per week.
If you would like to know more, or are interested in applying, please contact our Chair, Helene Russell (email@example.com).