Purpose of role: Officer responsible for all financial matters for NORTH EAST RMN. The role holder must be a member of CILIP.
- To administrate North East RMN's finances including payment of expenses, processing invoices, monitoring cash flow, maintaining the cashbook, record keeping, preparation of VAT returns and co-ordinating income.
- To liaise with Unity Trust Bank concerning NORTH EAST RMN’s account.
- To attend committee meetings to present an accurate picture of NORTH EAST RMN’s financial situation and to authorise expenditure.
- To advise the Chair and committee of NORTH EAST RMN on all financial issues and the financial implications of decisions and potential courses of action.
- To undertake financial planning for NORTH EAST RMN with the Chair and other committee members.
- To liaise with CILIP’s Finance Team to ensure prompt receipt of annual funding, submission of VAT returns (if necessary) and annual accounts and any other information required by CILIP.
- To ensure NORTH EAST RMN complies with terms outlined in CILIP’s Treasurer’s Guidelines document, CILIP Expenses Policy and any other applicable governance documentation.
- To prepare annual accounts for the independent audit and to prepare and present the annual financial report for the Annual General Meeting.
- As one of the officers, to participate in overall management of NORTH EAST RMN.
- To promote the membership and benefits of NORTH EAST RMN and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 3-4 hours per week and during certain times of the year may increase.
Please contact our Secretary at email@example.com if you’re interested in joining the committee and if you’d like to take on any of the vacant roles.