Treasurer Role Description
Purpose of role: Officer responsible for all financial matters for the East Midlands Member Network Committee. The role holder must be a member of CILIP.
- To administrate the East Midlands Committee’s finances including payment of expenses, processing invoices, monitoring cash flow, maintaining the cashbook, record keeping, preparation of VAT returns and co-ordinating income.
- To liaise with Unity Trust and CCLA Banks concerning the East Midlands Committee’s accounts.
- To attend committee meetings to present an accurate picture of the East Midlands Committee’s financial situation and to authorise expenditure.
- To advise the Chair and committee of the East Midlands Committee on all financial issues and the financial implications of decisions and potential courses of action.
- To undertake financial planning for the East Midlands Committee with the Chair and other committee members.
- To liaise with CILIP’s Finance Team to ensure prompt receipt of capitation, submission of VAT returns and annual accounts and any other information required by CILIP.
- To ensure the East Midlands Committee complies with terms outlined in CILIP’s Treasurer’s Guidelines document, CILIP Expenses Policy and any other applicable governance documentation.
- To prepare annual accounts for the independent audit and to prepare and present the annual financial report for the Annual General Meeting.
- As one of the officers, to participate in overall management of the East Midlands Committee.
- To promote the membership and benefits of the East Midlands Member Network and CILIP within the library and information profession.
The amount of time this role takes up will vary and may be 1-3 hour per week and during certain times of the year may increase.
Committee members are expected to be proactive and to participate in committee discussions (usually by emailing list) between meetings and events.
You will be given access to a dedicated CILIP email account, which must be used for all communications outside the Committee.
If you would like to know more, or are interested in applying, please contact the Chair at email@example.com.
If this role isn’t right for you but you would like to join the committee, please get in touch, as we have a number of roles available on the committee.
Applicants are encouraged from all sectors and should ideally work or live in the East Midlands. CILIP is committed to championing diversity, inclusion and representation. We particularly welcome applications from BAME, disabled, LGBTQ+ and male candidates, who have historically been under-represented on our committees.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, CILIP Board has set an organisation-wide goal of 20% BAME representation on all of CILIP’s committees by the end of 2022. To facilitate this, we are offering up to 150 complimentary memberships to library and information workers from BAME backgrounds who are duly selected to join a committee before the end of 2022.