Meetings can be attended in person at the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth or digitally
Function of body
The National Library of Wales’ purpose is to make our diverse culture and heritage accessible to all to learn, research and enjoy.
As a Welsh Government Sponsored Body, the Library receives around £10m in annual revenue funding from the Welsh Government. The Library is also a Royal Charter body and registered independent charity. Its management and operations are overseen by a Board of Trustees.
The Library subscribes to the Welsh Government’s wider policies and priorities, including the Well Being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 and integrates its work into supporting of all of the seven well being goals as well as the five governance elements of the Sustainable Development Principle.
- Have an understanding and actively promote the benefits of the cultural heritage sector to the diverse communities of Wales and further afield
- Have a clear vision as to how the Library can continue to contribute as a main deliverer of Government cultural heritage policy
- Review, scrutinise, challenge and support the executive to meet the Library’s aims, objectives and targets and ensure good governance
- Have a good understanding of corporate responsibility and risk management to ensure the Library’s activities are conducted effectively and efficiently
- Participate in the corporate planning process, including agreeing annual budget plans for operational programmes and corporate activities
- Have an understanding of how the public sector in Wales functions
- Ensure the Library achieves value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and property
- Work as part of a Board that positively values difference and challenges unconscious behaviours and actively participate in Board Meetings and key activities
- Be actively engaged in encouraging board membership and the next generation of trustees
- Act in a way that promotes highs standards of probity and public finance
- Be politically independent
- Have a clear understanding and commitment to Nolan’s “Seven Principles of Public Life”.
For more information about the role and the detail on the Library’s purpose, vision and objectives, please click on the Apply button.
Closing date 2nd November 2020, 16:00
Interview dates From 25 January 2020 To 26 January 2020